Originally developed by Trinity House Lighthouse Corporation, and manufactured under licence by Sealite, the range of revolutionary solid-state High Output LED Light Sources are designed to replace traditional lamps in classical lighthouse optics. Their long life and high luminous efficiency enables huge savings in energy and maintenance whilst retaining the heritage value of classical optical apparatus.
- Capable of continuous or flashing operation
- Suitable for use in both revolving and fixed optics
- Typically replaces a 500-1500W traditional light source with a 40-162W LED light source, making solar power possible
- Crisp white light of LEDs improves conspicuity in light polluted areas
- Directional setup of LEDs for additional power saving by not shining light over land where not required
- LED life expectancy of approximately 10 years; no need for a moving lamp changer
- Anodised heat sinks to maintain cool running of LEDs on steady burning duties
- Various configurations available to suit existing lighthouse optics
- Retains the historical heritage of the lighthouse
- Simplest solution involves only changing the lamp and utilising the existing pedestals & controls (pedestals also available from Sealite)
- Control equipment provided can accommodate a wide range of power supply choices, operating modes and power levels
- Significantly increased efficiency results in reduced servicing and maintenance
MAIN IMAGE - Inishtearaght Lighthouse upgrade by Commissioners of Irish Lights (CIL).